Discover Studying Abroad
|
|
SAU

UBC Vancouver's hybrid graduate degrees are preparing today's graduates for tomorrow's jobs

With the employment landscape changing rapidly, a diverse skillset has become increasingly sought-after. This is what the University of British Columbia is doing about it.
BY Cherryy Chauhan |   03-12-2019

UBC Vancouver's hybrid graduate degrees

In the age of artificial intelligence and automation, hybrid skills are a rapidly booming and expanding megatrend. To build on the job market’s growing need for hybrid skills, Canada’s University of British Columbia is offering a blend of technical knowledge with leadership and business expertise. Ranked 51 in the world and 3rd in Canada by the 2020 QS World University Rankings and 34th in the world and 2nd in Canada by the 2020 Times Higher Education Rankings, UBC has earned a reputation for being a pioneer in multi-disciplinary studies since 1908.

Currently, the Faculty of Applied Sciences at the UBC, Vancouver is offering this hybrid education model in two disciplines:

Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL)

This is a 12-month degree program which offers expertise from industry and education. Improving both the business acumen as well as the core engineering competence of the candidate, the program is built to ensure a holistic interaction with the technologies of the future through its industry-oriented specializations such as Advanced Materials Manufacturing, Dependable Software Systems, High-Performance Buildings, Integrated Water Management, Clean Energy Engineering, and many more.

The first round of applications for the 2021 admissions will open on January 1, 2020, and close on April 1, 2020. The candidates are required to have at least three years of work experience along with an undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76%. For more information about the MEL program and eligibility criteria, please visit here
 

Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP)

Similar to MEL, MHLP is also a 12-month degree program launched in collaboration with the School of Nursing at UBC Vancouver. The program aims to expand students’ healthcare knowledge while instilling leadership skills to address the evolving needs of society. The course is subdivided into 2 sections - MHLP Seniors Care and MHLP Clinical Education.

While the former focuses on mainly driving change and supporting community and social development, the latter focuses on skills like analysis of business data and strategy. The program follows a 60-40 model where 60% of classes are based on technical aspects while the remaining 40% is based on leadership, taught by UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School.

The first round of applications for the 2021 admissions will open on January 1, 2020, and will be accepted until April 1, 2020. The candidates are required to have at least three years of work experience along with an undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76%. For more information about the MHLP program and eligibility criteria, please visit here.

 

Related links:
4 digital marketing degrees you should check out now
5 transferable skills that will boost your value in the job market
5 top technical skills that will make your CV stand out
Develop Your Essay Writing Skills
 

COMMENTS
Name:

Email:

captach
Can't Read  
Enter Above Code:

Comments:

Sign Up for our newsletter

Sign Up for latest updates and Newsletter

x